Dear music lovers,
Thanks for the enthusiastic response to our
Brain Stimulators so far. The following quiz is a new, improved, interactive version,
where you will know your scores as soon as you submit the answers!. It is a thematic quiz
on Carnatic music composers and compositions:
1. 'Sakhiprana' in raga Jhunjooti, composed by
Dharmapuri Subbarayar is a:
2. The kriti 'Asaindadum mayil onru' in raga
Simhendramadhyamam, is a composition of:
3. Which of the following ragas has not been featured in
the Kamalamba Navavarana kriti set of Dikshitar?
4. Syama Sastri is the only one among the Trinity to have
composed in this raga. What is it?
5. Ragas like Mohanakalyani, Pasupatipriya, Budhamanohari
etc are his discoveries. Who was this composer?
Patnam Subramanya Ayyar
Harikesanallur Muthaiah Bhagavatar
6. Which of these following compositions is not part of
Tyagaraja's Sriranga Pancharatnam:
Vinarada na manavi
7. "Krishna nee begane" in raga
Yamankalyani is a composition of:
8. Which of these was a well-known composer of Tamil
9. Tiruppugazhs are set to:
Sooladi Sapta talas
10. He has composed what is known as the Navaratri
kriti set. Who is he?